Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Coconut Shrimp Curry

I guess today was a warm day for sea food but as its my favorite nothing can stop me from having it no matter whatever the weather is.

Hell I even have coffee after sea food and I still get to live.

Today's recipe has SHRIMP in it and it is very easy but you need to be careful with it and not overcook it.

Today's recipe is Coconut Shrimp Curry. It's a Thai influenced Indian dish as far as I have guessed from the ingredients.

Very different in taste as I have never tasted anything like this ever. My brother said that he loved it and he doesn't even loves me. So, it must be nice.

INGREDIENTS:

12-14 large shrimps peeled and devained

1 400 ml can of coconut milk

1/2 teaspoon salt and more for the gravy

1/2 teaspoon of turmeric (1/4 for shrimps and 1/4 for the gravy)

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

half an onion finely chopped

1 small tomato diced

1 inch garlic finely minced

1 green chili finely minced

1/2 cup of boiled peas (optional)

4-6 garlic cloves finely minced

coriander and green onions for garnishing



We start off with marinating the shrimps with salt, turmeric and lemon juice. Set them aside.




Now we chop the onions finely.

Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till they are soft and translucent.



Meanwhile the onions are cooking. We mince the ginger, garlic and green chili together.

Add the minced garlic, ginger and chili to the onions and fry it till everything is fragrant.




Now it is time to add the coconut milk to the pan.

Bring the curry to a boil and lower the heat to simmer.

Add turmeric, salt, black pepper and lemon's juice.

Mix it well.




Now its time to add the diced tomato and peas. Give it a good stir to mix.




Now add the shrimps and cook them for 2-3 minutes and take the gravy off the heat.

REMEMBER DO NOT COOK THE SHRIMPS FOR MORE THAN 2-3 MINUTES OR THE WILL GET HARD AND CHEWY.

Coconut Shrimp Curry is ready to serve now.





Ladies and gentlemen, from the makers of Chef Shamsher we proudly present you Coconut Shrimp Curry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...