Sunday, August 20, 2017

Ultimate Chicken Tacos

I am very rude when it comes to fulfilling requests. Sometimes I do them instantly or sometimes I ignore and do the requests weeks later.

Then there are times when I have no idea what to make and I am as clueless as the state of Pakistani politics.

Arisha Fatima requested Chicken Tacos a couple of weeks ago and to be honest I have forgotten about them. I even forgot who requested them until I was reminded days earlier so this Friday I decided to grocery shop for not only chicken tacos but for Ultimate Chicken Tacos.



Now there can be 100s of variations for tacos but since chicken was requested so it shall be delivered.

INGREDIENTS:

5 Chicken thighs preferably with skin and bone in

1 Tablespoon cumin powder

1 Tablespoon paprika

1/2 Tablespoon red chili powder

Salt and black pepper to taste

1 Red onion finely sliced

Half cabbage finely sliced

1 Jalapeno

Half a bunch of coriander

1 Avacado

1 Lemon or lime

Sour Cream

Store bought salsa

Shredded cheese

Crunchy or soft tortilla bread, I used both because I can and I will





First and foremost thing we will do is to get the chicken marinated in all the spices.

Add cumin powder, paprika, red chili powder, salt and black pepper. 

Add 2 to 3 tablespoon of olive oil and carefully rub the marinade into the chicken and completely coat the meat.

Basically the recipe called for cayenne pepper but since I did not have I used red chili powder.

Sometimes you have to make with what you have and try not to waste your time in getting what you can't have.






Set the oven to preheat on 374 degrees fahrenheit and take out a grill pan.

Rub the grill pan with some oil and cook the chicken on high heat for 3-5 minutes on both sides.




The chicken is cooked on the outside but still raw on the inside. So we will bake it for 45 minutes on 375 degrees.

So we put the chicken in a baking tray, seal it with aluminum foil and cook it for 45 minutes in the oven.




Unlike my unlucky and unfortunate life the chicken was perfectly cooked and not burnt after 45 minutes.

With the help of 2 forks I shredded the chicken which was a bit of a struggle but what do you get without struggle? The answer my friend is a NOT SO DELICIOUS MEAL.



Keep the chicken warm and covered and now moving on to chopping off the taco fillings.

Slice the onion and cabbage very finely.

Chop the jalapeno and avocado in small cubes.

PROTIP - to save your avocado from rusting after peeling it squeeze lemon or lime juice over it.

Break the coriander leaves of the stems.

Cut the lemon or lime wedges.

If you are dumb enough to still not get it then there are pictures to see below.







Now it is time to finally assemble the tacos.

Let me tell you how I did it but it is not necessary that you follow my way. You can totally fill your tacos according to your own choice.

I however started with a layer of the chicken.

Covered it with a layer of cabbage and then a layer of sliced red onions.

Added some small jalapeno cubes over it. Poured some salsa on it. A teaspoon of sour cream topped with avocado cubes.

Last but not the least I sprinkled some coriander leaves and then shredded cheese on it.




Ultimate Chicken Taco is ready to be devoured.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...