Thursday, December 25, 2014

LAHORI FRIED FISH

Hi, my name is Shamsher & I make wonders in the kitchen. Today I made Lahori Fried Fish.

This recipe is a tribute to my city in which I don't wanna live anymore.

For this beautiful dish you need:

A LOT OF FISH

actually I used 2 kilograms so the ingredients will be accordingly. 

Embedded image permalink


Red chili flakes 2 tablespoon

Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon

Salt 1/2 teaspoon if the fish is salted already

Anaardana 1 tablespoon

Ajwain 1 tablespoon

1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste

5 tablespoon lemon juice

1/2kg baisin

Chaat masala hasb e zaiqa LOL

1 tablespoon roasted coriander

1 tablespoon roasted cumin

Embedded image permalink   Embedded image permalink

The fish I used is Kala Rahu fish (Black Salmon) and is easily available from any fish vendor. Get it salted when you buy it. Time to play now.

Combine the masalas & roasted cumim, coriander and grind them in a blender/grinder.

 



Mix the masala with lemon juice and ginger garlic paste. Apply to the fish and marinate for 4-5 hours. Over night marination is preferred.

 


Meanwhile the fish marinates. Let me tell you this beautiful divine chattni my Nani taught me last year. Only simple ingredients.

Half a bunch of coriander

1 bunch of mint

2 tomatoes

3 green chilies

Embedded image permalink

Add 2 tablespoon anaardana

Soak it properly.

Add half glass water and 1/2 tsp salt. MTV GRIND 

  


After 4 hours take your fish out and prepare the baisin by adding 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon red pepper.


Embedded image permalink


Put 250 - 400 ml oil in a non stick pan and fry the fish. COAT IT WELL. Don't move it much or the coating will break.


Embedded image permalink


My dear ladies & gentlemen. I a proud Lahori gives you none other than the great LAHORI FRIED FISH. 

Embedded image permalink


Enjoy this with naan, roti or you can just eat it like the way it is.

My father used to love this type of fish. Unfortunately he is not around here anymore (May ALLAH SWT grant him the highest place in heaven) but his memory stays strong within me.

Last but not the least I am very happy as two of my closest people got married this month.

In this moment of happiness I think it is finally time for the people of the blog to see and say hello to their NOT SO Chef Shamsher.


COMMENT ABOUT THE RECIPE!!!

2 comments:

  1. As a Professional Chef, I clearly agree with your article.Thanks for sharing your way of cooking with us. Keep visiting my sites for best Andhra food tasted ever restaurants for home delivery nearby rajajinagar | Andhra Restaurant in RR nagar

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...