Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Rajisthani Keema

I love 'Mutter Keema' well I also loved this woman who turned out to be 'dou bachou kee maa' but as they say, everything is fair in love and disappointments.

My MOM ladies and gentlemen makes the best Mutter Keema in the world. Yes, better than your mom, your mom and your mom.

In memory of that Mutter Keema I decided to make something which is different than the regular Mutter Keema but has both Mutter and Keema.(If that makes any sense)

Rajisthani Keema is one of the very first things I made previously for the blog but could not find all the pictures so I had to pass it down for some other time.

CHEF SHAMSHER FACT - most of the recipes you see are made for the very first time.

Found this recipe in an old Urdu cook book that my mom has. Thought I should give it a try. It is different, originally has potatoes in it but I did not use any of those for (I do not like a third party in my Mutter Keema) various reasons.

Too much talking now lets get started.

Ingredients

Beef mince ½ kg

Oil ¼ cup

Ginger paste 1 teaspoon

Garlic paste 1 teaspoon

Onion 1 medium

Potatoes 2 medium boiled

Peas ½ cup boiled

Green chilies 2 – 3 chopped

Lemon juice 1 – 1 ½ tablespoon

Dry mango powder/khatai powder 1 tablespoon

Chili powder 1 teaspoon

Turmeric 1 teaspoon

Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon crushed

Kalonji 1 teaspoon

Badiyan phool (star anise) 1 teaspoon grounded

Salt to taste

Button red chilies 6 – 7 or dried red chilies long 3 – 4

Coriander leaves ¼ bunch (chopped)






Heat oil on low heat in a pan. Add ginger paste and garlic paste. Stir for 30 seconds.




Add ground beef and chopped onion. Fry on medium heat until the water dries completely.



Add potatoes (if you want them), salt, red chili powder, crushed cumin, ground badiyan phool, turmeric, dry mango/khatai powder, lemon juice, green chilies and sliced dried red chilies button/long in the ground beef and onions and mix it well.





Turn the heat to low, cover the lid and cook from 8-10 minutes.

RISHTA TIP FOR LADIES - Whenever someone says to cook by covering the lid that means you turn the heat to low, then put the lid and cook.





After 8 - 10 minutes take the lid off. Add the boiled peas and fry it on high heat from 2 - 3 minutes more. Rajasthani Keema is ready to serve.





I was once inside a kitchen of this desi restaurant back in Lahore where I saw this guy setting up the tray for a keema dish. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you RAJASTHANI KEEMA.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...