Monday, September 28, 2015

Mutton Kunna Gosht

My brother is kind of mad at me because I was not able to cook anything special on Eid due to excessive work.

So, I thought I should make it up to him by making some of the desi-est recipes ever in the history of all desi recipes. To give him some Eid feels.

Feels are very important for humans to breathe.

So I decided to start off with Mutton Kunna Gosht. Which is a traditional Punjabi recipe made with a unique spice blend and I don't know what else.  


500 grams mutton meat with bone

1 medium onion

ginger garlic paste 1.5 tablespoon

red chili powder 1 teaspoon

turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon

salt

coriander powder 1.5 teaspoon

white cumin seeds 1 teaspoon

cloves 6

whole coriander 1 teaspoon

black pepper whole 1/2 teaspoon

cinnamon stick 2

black cardamom 1

green cardamom 3-4

nutmeg powder pinch (optional)

mace powder pinch (optional)

wheat flour 3 tbspn

crushed red chili 1/2 tsp

black cumin 2 tsp

sliced ginger, coriander









Add meat onions and 1 cup of water, ginger garlic paste, ghee, red chili, turmeric, salt
coriander powder, white cumin.




Add one cup of water, cover cook for 45 minutes on low heat.







Crush cloves, coriander and black pepper in a blender.






After 40 minutes add spice mixture, cinnamon sticks, green cardamom and black cardamom. Cover and cook for 25 more minutes on low heat.








Mix atta with half cup of water thoroughly and add it in the pan. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes or till your desired thickness for the gravy. Please don't lazy the hell around and keep a check on the gravy.


Sprinke crushed red chili and raosted black cumin and simmer for 5 minutes. Mutton Kunna Gosht is ready to serve.






Eat it with naans or roghni naans or roti or I don't even know. Just try it out and eat it.

Ladies and gentlemen, sprinkle some ginger and coriander leaves for Mutton Kunna Gosht.




You'll witness more recipes like Mutton Paya and stuff soon.









5 comments:

  1. You've made it sound so simple and easy! Will try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made it sound so simple and easy! Will try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a harder version of this as well but this I am sure when you'll try will make you thank me again.

      Delete
  3. How much water should I add if I want more gravy as around ten people to serve. I'm in the middle of making. Try replying soon. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...