Sunday, October 25, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese

Buffalo sauce to me is what blood is to vampires. It is not only one of a kind of a hot sauce but you just can't have enough of it. The first time i tried it was in Buffalo Chicken Burger from Hardee's and not only did it blow my taste buds but it also blew my mind.

I have previously made a Buffalo Cheesy Chicken Penne Pasta but alongside buffalo sauce one of my favorite is Mac & Cheese. I have previously also made 2 types of Mac & Cheese. This will be my third type which will be an infusion of buffalo sauce glazed chicken with a topping of mac  and cheese made with buffalo sauce.

It was too much work at times I actually forgot to take some pictures so please bear with me.

Ingredients:

2 cups of boiled and shredded chicken

1 packet of elbow macaroni

1 cup of buffalo sauce

1 medium onion chopped

1 teaspoon garlic paste

4 tablespoon butter

2/3 cups of sour cream (cream plus 2 tablespoons of vinegar basically)

4 tablespoon all purpose flour

4 cups of milk

1 teaspoons mustard

1 cup cheddar cheese

2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese

Salt and pepper per taste

freshly chopped coriander because parsley is hard to find

For the crumbs:

25 TUC biscuits

3-4 slices of bread

4 tablespoons of butter






First of all let us make the bread crumbs.

For it we have to put the TUC buicuits in a chopper along side the bread slices. Finely chop them into a powder. Then add melted butter to it and chop/mix it again. Take the crumbs out in a plate and bake them in an oven for 3-5 minutes.

The best and the crispiest bread crumbs I ever had.









Boil your pasta according to the packet and keep it aside.

Now put 2 tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan and fry the copped onions until they are translucent.

Add garlic paste and chicken to it. You can also add salt and pepper to season it according to your taste.

Add half a cup of buffalo sauce and simmer it until the sauce is thickened.









Take the chicken out in a transparent deep dish. Transparent because it will help you in baking later.






Time to make the sauce which is constant work all thanks to flour. I hate flour.

Add butter to a non stick pan and let it melt.

Quickly add 4 tablespoon of all purpose flour and keep it stirring. Now add two cups of milk while stirring occasionally. Add the 2 cups later.

NOTE - The milk will try to form lumps but please do not let it do that and keep on moving those lazy hands of yours for stirring.

Add the teaspoon of mustard.

Season it with salt and pepper and add both cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Stir it to let the cheese mix in.

Now add 2/3 cup of sour cream and the buffalo sauce and keep it cooking till your desired thickness is achieved.










Now everything is prepared you need to set up the dish. The chicken is already in place.

Then you layer it up with the boiled macaroni.

The third layer will be of the cheese sauce.

The fourth layer is of the bread crumbs you made topped with finely chopped coriander.







The dish is ready now. Time to bake it.


My oven is dirtier than my dreams.

Preheat the oven on 360F and place the dish in it for 15-20 minutes until you see the sauce bubbly hot.






Ladies and gentlemen even I was not sure how this will turn out but oh my did it won hearts today. Even my friends who I thank for taking me to the hospital because I was not feeling well were smiling after eating this.

I unleash Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...