Sunday, November 15, 2015

Mongolian Beef

People used to call me beef when I was over weight and that too in Punjabi (wadda gosht) but now I am not over weight anymore and all those people can just go to hell.

Beef is best in burgers and steaks. I don't like beef in any other form though but I can tolerate beef in oriental recipes. So, I had my eyes on such a recipe for quite some time and to be honest I've made it before and I basically burned it.

Now here's something I want to tell all people who are learning to cook or are struggling with it. YOU WILL MAKE MISTAKES, IT IS COMPLETELY NORMAL TO MAKE MISTAKES AND YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL BAD OR QUIT LEARNING BECAUSE OF MAKING MISTAKES.

The oriental beef recipe that I am talking about today is Mongolian Beef. I never had it at any restaurant but I saw a picture of it and it looked very tasty.

This recipe is very simple to make as the ingredients are few and the preparation is easy but you have to be careful about a few things.

Let's start making Mongolian Beef.


Ingredients:

beef 500 grams boneless and sliced


1/4 cup cornflour

2 green onions thinly sliced

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon garlic paste

1 teaspoon ginger paste

2 tablespoons oil







First of all let me tell you that the beef here takes a lot of time to cook. So for this recipe I cooked or tenderized the beef in a pressure cooker by adding only 2 glasses of water and cooking it for 15 minutes.

After that take the beef our and put it in a bowl.

Sprinkle some salt and pepper if you like. (salt and pepper is optional)









Heat 1/2 cup of cooking oil in a non stick pan and cook the flour coated beef until its crispy brown.

Take it out on a paper toweled plate.








Now whisk together, brown sugar, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oil, ginger and garlic paste.







Now add this sauce to a non stick pan on medium heat.

Add the cooked beef and stir to coat the beef properly.

As you cook the sauce will thicken but you should not stop stirring.

Add the sliced green onions a minute before you take the Mongolian Beef off the stove.








Mongolian Beef is ready. Yes that's it.

Best served with boiled or stir fried rice. I had it with my Shrimp Fried Rice.

Ladies and gentlemen hold your taste-buds for Mongolian Beef.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...