Friday, January 15, 2016

Fish Fillet Burger

Fish in the sea you know how I feel? I feel like taking them out and eating them for my non existent joy and comfort.

How can I let the winter season slide without making a nice fish burger?The answer obviously is I CAN'T. 

So, I try for the very first time the McDonald's style of preparing their Filet-O-Fish but since their fillets are quite small and not enough to take care of my beast of an appetite I used bigger fillets.

How big? Well bigger than your wildest imagination.

I'm just kidding but they are big.

Ingredients for Fish Filet Burger:

2 Fish fillets (according to your own choice and size but they should be big enough to look good in burger buns)

Panko Bread Crumbs (these are Japanese style bread crumbs and if you can't find them normal bread crumbs will do)

Cornflour

Burger buns

Pinch of salt and pepper

2 eggs



Fish Fillet Burgers are incomplete with a good tartar sauce and I will again teach you how to make the chunkiest tartar sauce.

Ingredients for Tartar Sauce:

250 ml mayonnaise

5 jarred pickled gherkins

2-3 tablespoon of pickled capers

2 boiled eggs

5 tablespoon of chopped white part of green onions

handful of dill weed

1-2 lemon juice



Simple to make tartar sauce.

Chop boiled eggs, gherkins, capers, dill weed and white green onion parts in a food processor.



In a bowl add mayonnaise and lemon juice.

Add all the chopped vegetables and mix it.

Tartar sauce is ready. Keep it in a jar and store it in the fridge.



Now let's move forward to make them burgers.

Pour some flower in a plate. Pour some panko bread crumbs in another plate. Beat the both eggs and sprinkle some salt and pepper in it and pour it in a separate plate.

Keep all these plates close to build your breading station. It's just like building a battle fort only much more cooler.


Now I could not take the pictures because my hands were covered with the breading and I was alone so I will make points step by step.

1. Cover the fish fillet with flour and shake off the excess flower.
2. Dip the fish fillet in the egg.
3. Put the fish fillet panko bread crumbs.
4. Dip the fish fillet in the egg again.
5. Put the fish fillet panko bread crumbs again.

Your fillet after all that should looks something like this.


Heat oil in a non stick pan on medium heat.

Throw some of the bread crumbs into see if they float and fry.

Now when your oil is ready put the fillet in it and fry for 4-5 minutes on both sides.


Take the fish fillets out on a paper toweled plate.


Time to prepare the burger. Heat your buns (LOL) in the oven for a minute because we want nice and softer buns (LOL AGAIN)


Put a nice thick layer of tartar sauce on the base of the burger.

Place your fish fillet on it and put a slice of cheddar cheese on it.

Add fries to the your plate to receive or give some ultimate pleasure.




Ladies and gentlemen, get your fish on for Fish Fillet Burger.


1 comment:

  1. بطاطس كرنكل I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...