Saturday, February 13, 2016

Dynamite Shrimps

I love shrimps from as long as I can remember which makes it the only thing I love the most after family.

Months ago ER QUEEN from twitter told me to make PF Chang style Dynamite Shrimps and share the recipe but I had never taste it so I was a bit hesitant.

In my short visit to US I never had the chance to visit PF Chang so I decided to attempt this myself.

True to it's name. Dynamite Shrimps is a burst of different flavors and is definitely a must have or make.


Ingredients For Fried Shrimps:

500 grams large shrimps peeled and devained

1/2 cup all purpose flour

2 eggs

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon red pepper

4 tablespoon bread crumbs

Ingredients For Sauce:

7 tablespoons mayonnaise

5 tablespoons ketchup

3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce

4 tablespoons sriracha sauce (if not available then any other hot sauce)

4 tablespoons soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon red pepper


First of all I needed to get rid of that shrimp tail so I did that.


Now we mix the all purpose flour with salt, black pepper, red pepper and bread crumbs.


Next we break the two eggs and whisk them and prepare the breading station by placing the egg batter and flour mixture side by side.

Dip the shrimp in the egg batter and then coat it with the flour. Repeat this process once more to complete the shrimp coating.



Now we move towards frying it.

So we will warm up some oil in a non stick pan on medium low heat.

Fry the shrimps in it till golden brown from both sides around 3-4  minutes.

Take the shrimps out separately.


They look so nice and chunky or they don't?

Now we prepare the sauce.

In a bowl add mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, red pepper, ketchup, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and sriracha sauce. Whisk it till everything in the bowl is properly mixed.

This is your dynamite sauce.



Now you just take out a nice cocktail glass.

Dip the shrimp in the dynamite sauce and add it to the glass.

Top it off with finely chopped green onions and Dynamite Shrimp is ready to serve.


Ladies and gentlemen, I can't say something new every time but prepare your eyes for Dynamite Shrimps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...