Saturday, April 2, 2016

Chicken Kiev

DISCLAIMER

I AM NOT A CHEF

Now that's settled let me tell you all something which I have never before. Many times I have thought about ending this whole Chef Shamsher shabangabang because the purpose of doing this is no more and the person that I used to do this is no more but I really appreciate everyone who's been giving me constant feedback and everyone who's been a part of encouraging me to keep going on with this. There are many names that I want to mention over here but I won't because if I miss out anyone ya'll go crazy on me but regardless of anything thank you so much for all the nice things you all have said and done for me I really really appreciate that.

Now that the emotional gibberish is taken care of I am about to unveil my 100th recipe.

YES I know how to make a 100 things apart from the other 100 things that I make for daily consumption.

Not too long ago Talbia Humayun asked me to make Chicken Ala Kiev which is something I never heard of and never had the chance to taste it in any restaurant.



BUT after seeing how it's made I was scared and thought that I probably would end up messing it so I should get some more experience and maybe try it later.

SO! for my 100th recipe I decided to make Chicken Kiev with mashed potatoes and stir fried green beans.

Chicken Kiev is basically a chicken breast carefully filled with butter and different herbs, coated with crunch on the outside and is considered as a specialty dish in fancy restaurants.

Ingredients:

4 half chicken breast, butterflied and pounded thinly

4 butter sticks

4 tablespoons chopped parsley

4 garlic cloves

2 tablespoon chopped green parts of green onion

1 teaspoon of lemon zest

2 eggs

splash of milk for eggs

1 cup panko bread crumbs

1/2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper




We start off with chopping and mixing parsley, green onions, garlic and lemon zest in a chopper.



Now we cut the chicken in butterfly method by cutting it from the middle but not too much just so it can look like an open book.

Place a plastic rap over all the chicken breasts and mash it with a meat mallet.

Chicken is ready to be seasoned and filled.



Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.

Put a tablespoon of the chopped parsley mixture in each chicken breast.

Cut the butter into sticks and place one stick in each breast over the chopped parsley mixture.

Wrap the chicken breast around the filling and close it carefully by using as much as toothpicks you want.




Now prepare your breading station by placing the bread crumbs, egg and milk mixture and flour next to the chicken.

Cover the chicken breast with the flour, dip it in the chicken and then cover it thoroughly with the bread crumbs.

I couldn't take much pictures of this step because I had no help and my hands were dirty.

Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken breasts from 3-4 minutes on both sides.



Take the chicken out on a wire rack placed on a baking tray.

Preheat your oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Place the chicken breasts inside for 20-25 minutes and your Chicken Kiev is ready.



Meanwhile the chicken was getting ready I made mashed potatoes and stir fried the green beans.

Set up the plates.


Ladies and gentlemen, I unleash you the beast and one of the most difficult things I've made so far Chicken Kiev.




4 comments:

  1. Oh my god you are a god amongst men 🙌🙌🙌🙌 cannot wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! on your 100th post. You Nailed it! This looks absolutely delicious and I'm definitely going to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hirra, you've been a great support throughout. Do try this with mashed potatoes and let me know if you like it or not.

      Delete

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...