Friday, May 27, 2016

Chicken Cordon Bleu Burger

When someone asks me "Where to find the best burgers of Pakistan?" my answer is always Islamabad.

You will find top quality burgers in that city and the you also can find some of them in the DHA and Gulberg sectors of Lahore.

I'm just joking and if anyone's offended well good for them. The best burgers of Pakistan are made by me in my kitchen and I'm joking again.


Moving on with today's recipe which is Chicken Cordon Bleu. Wanted to make this from a while. Was a bit scared as it is a tad bit complicated but I think I did justice to it.

Ingredients:

500 grams minced chicken breast (will make 2 patties)


half cup all purpose flour

1 cup buttermilk

Chicken/turkey deli slices (1 per patty)

Cheese slices (2 per burger)

Salt (1 teaspoon for the patty and 1/2 teaspoon for the flour)

Black pepper (1 teaspoon for the patty and 1/2 teaspoon for the flour)

Paprika 1/2 teaspoon for the patty

Burger buns

Lettuce

Mustard

Canola oil for deep frying




Season the minced chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.


Making the patty for the Cordon Bleu is a bit complicated but I will show you. Just follow the pictures below and I will explain as well.

1. Form a patty hollow from the center.
2. Place a folded half cheese slice in the center of the patty.
3. Place the chicken/turkey deli slice on the cheese slice.
4. Cover the deli slice with the remaining half cheese slice.
5. Fold the sides of the patty to cover the hollow space and cover the filling.



I have 1 kg minced chicken so I made four patties.

Place the patties in the fridge for 15 minutes. My hand looks creepy.


After 15 minutes, cover your frying pan for half inch in canola oil. Start warming it up on medium low heat.


Season the flour with salt and pepper.

Place the buttermilk, the patties and the flour together.


Here is how the breading will be done for this patty.

1. Dip the patty in the buttermilk.
2. Take out the patty and put it on the flour plate.
3. Cover it properly with flour. Shake off the excess flour.
4. Add the patty to the frying pan.



Cook the patties til golden brown on both of the sides.

Take them out on a paper toweled plate.

Cover the patties with cheese slices while they are hold so the cheese melts perfectly on them.


Set up your burger by applying mustard on the bottom, placing some lettuce over it, place the patty covered with a cheese slice and that's it.


This burger is like a dream within a dream because it is filled with cheese, deli and more cheese.

GIVE IT UP FOR CHICKEN CORDON BLEU BURGER.


1 comment:

  1. بطاطس كرسبي مجمد I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...