Sunday, May 15, 2016

Croque Monsieur

Sometimes I don't even understand myself.

Sometimes when I am making food I pause myself to ask some questions. Who am I making this for? Why am I doing so much effort? Why am I even alive?

The answers are no where to be found or may be I am just PMSing while being a manly man that I claim to be.

So this recipe is basically a fancy shmancy sandwich which you eat with a fork and a knife. So, by now you know that it is a bit complex to make.


Croque Monsieur is a french sandwich which is a very delicious cheesy breakfast sandwich. Filled with cheese and slices of your preferred meat, topped with white sauce and more cheese and broiled to perfection.

Sounds a lot of work but trust me it wasn't/. Just took me 20 minutes to get done with the whole thing.

Let me show you how.

Ingredients:

4-6 slices of your favorite type of bread. I bought french bread loafs from Green Valley.


1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1 cup milk

2 tablespoon butter

2 tablespoon metled butter

1 tablespoon flour

K&N's Mortedella chicken slices

Pinch of salt and black pepper



First of all we will toast the slices till brown on low heat after brushing melted butter on both sides of the slices.



Now we will prepare the sauce by melting butter in a sauce pan.

Quickly stir the flour in it until it turns in to a bubbly liquid.

Add milk to it and stir till it is thickened.

Sprinkle some salt and pepper.

Add grated Parmesan cheese and your sauce is ready.

This will be later on used as a topping on the sandwich.




Now it's time to assemble the sandwich.

Let's do it in points.

1. Put a cheese slice on the bread slice.

2. Put 2-3 mortadella chicken slices over the cheese slice.

3. Place a cheese slice again.

4. Put the second bread slice.

5. Top the sandwich with a tablespoon of the white sauce.

6. Place another slice over the white sauce.

There you go, the sandwich is assembled and ready to go into the broiler.



Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and place the sandwiches on it.

Preheat the broiler and place the tray in the lower rack.

Let it broil till the cheese gets bubbly hot and starts melting from the sides.

The sandwich is ready to be consumed.






I have never eaten a heavier breakfast than this. One of the most delicate sandwiches I have ever made. Give it up for Croque Monsieur.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...