Friday, July 22, 2016

Cacio e Pepe


Today I am going to make (which I have already made but I would still make it sound like I am doing this right now) Cacio e Pepe which was really hard to pronounce but I saw a video on youtube and I was good to go after listening to it 3 or 4 times.


Cacio e Pepe is the Italian mac and cheese. It is very different from the American one and has literally 5 ingredients.


Taste wise it is a bit plan so you might have to add a teaspoon of salt to bring out more flavor. We Pakistani people are very salty so let's begin with this.

INGREDIENTS:

half packet bucatini or spaghetti

2 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper

½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

¼ cup grated Adam's chilli pepper cheese

1 cup boiled pasta water


First we will cook the bucatini for 2 minutes less time than mentioned on the packet.

Reserve one cup of boiled pasta water.


Now we melt the butter in pan and add black pepper and salt to it.


Add the pasta water, pepper cheese and Parmesan.Turn the heat to low and mix it well until the sauce is a bit thick.



Now add the bucatini and stir it. Add more black pepper if you feel like but not too much.

Mix it well and it is ready to be eaten.




If you are not a vegetarian please have a piece of meat with it because this recipe is strictly for the vegetarians or the people who enjoy pasta/spaghetti.

The very cheesy and peppery Cacio e Pepe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...