Sunday, July 3, 2016

Spicy Chicken Rigatoni

Its been a while since I have made a pasta recipe and by saying "its been a while" I reminded myself of the Staind song which was my favorite back in the day when the album came out.

I have made many types and shapes of pasta but the one that I wanted to make from quite some time was Rigatoni. The shape of Rigatoni is like a small piece of a pipe opened from the both sides, I'm just trying to make this recipe sound funny nothing else.

The recipe is called Spicy Chicken Rigatoni and it has tomatoes, cheese, cream and there is absolutely NO ONE IN THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE who can say no to this beautiful thing.


The ingredients for this are few and not hard to find. The only thing here is fresh basil leaves which might be a problem to find on a store but you can go to any nursery and ask them for a "tulsi ka pata plant(basil leave plant)" and you will get a whole plant in just 30 rupees. Have it planted in your house somewhere. I grow my basil at home as well (itna mein kisaan).


INGREDIENTS:

500 grams boneless chicken breast (each breast should be thinly sliced in half)

450 grams rigatoni pasta

1 medium onion finally chopped

4 garlic cloves minced or finely chopped

2 cans of chopped tomatoes (800 grams in total)

5 fresh basil leaves

1/2 cup of cream

1/2 cup of grated Adam's chili cheese

1 tablespoon of red chili flakes

1/2 cup boiled peas

salt, black pepper, red pepper and paprika as per taste for seasoning the chicken



  



First of all we will cook the pasta al dente.




Season the chicken on both sides well with salt, black pepper, red pepper and paprika.

Heat 2-3 tablespoon of oil in a pan an saute the chicken pieces for 4 minutes on each side.

Take the chicken pieces out on a wooden cutting slab and let it cool down.

Cut cubes out of the cooked chicken and keep it aside.


  

  



Heat another 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and fry chopped onion on low heat until translucent.

Then add chopped garlic and saute it for another minute.

  


Saute the ginger for a minute as well and add the red chili flakes and chopped basil leaves.

  

Cook all of it for a minute and add both cans of chopped tomatoes.

THERE IS A REASON WHY I USE CANNED TOMATOES IN PASTA ONLY - That reason is because of flavor which is developed by the juices these cans contain. PERIOD

Add salt and a little sugar. Add a cup of water.

Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.

  

Uncover the pan after 20 minutes and stir for a couple of times.

Add cream and grate cheese in the tomato pasta sauce.

  


Simmer it for 10 more minutes and the add cooked cube cut chicken. Mix it properly and add the cooked pasta.

  

And we will not forget to add the boiled peas which are totally optional. They are the part of the original recipe and I love peas so I am not skipping it but PEOPLE HAVE SHOWN A SERIOUS DISLIKE ABOUT PEAS on my snapchat so you can be my guest and skip this step.


The pasta is ready. You can present it in a bowl and garnish it with some Parmesan Cheese and chopped basil leaves.


Ladies and gentlemen twist your tongues for Spicy Chicken Rigatoni.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...