Saturday, January 28, 2017

Fish with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce

I have heard that you are suppose to eat fish in the months which end with 'er' but I eat sea food till March and then give it a break because it gets too hot and I am already so hot that it gets a bit of hard for people to resist me.

Hence, for me January, February and March is Januaryer, Februaryer and Marcher.

I have never cooked Salmon and I always wanted to. So, I went out and got some for me. This recipe has a longer name than Akon but it was definitely worth the money. Fish with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce, the name says it all and in fact it describes all of the ingredients as well.



I have chose salmon for this because I wanted to try out the mutton of seafood but you can go ahead and try any kind of boneless fish you want.

INGREDIENTS:

2 fish fillets with skin about 750 grams or may be even more

2 tablespoons of olive oil or more if desired (I used 4 because most of it was absorbed by fish skin)

2-3 tablespoons of butter

2-3 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic

2-3 tablespoons of chopped parsley or cilantro

1 teaspoon of dried basil

1 teaspoon of dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme

1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes

3-4 tablespoon of lemon juice






The recipe is very easy and only took me 30 minutes to make.

Sprinkle salt, dried thyme, oregano, basil and some chopped parsley or cilantro leave on the flesh side of the fish.



On medium heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non stick pan. Don't let the oil smoke keep an eye on it and put fish skin side up.

Fry it for 5 minutes and turn the fish around (flesh side up) fry it for another 4 minutes.

Turn the heat off and cover the pan with a lid. Let the fish rest for 5-10 minutes.





Carefully take the fish out on a plate (skin side up) and with the help of a spatula remove the skin of the fish fillets.




Now if the oil in the pan doesn't seem enough add a tablespoon or two. Turn the stove to medium heat again. Add finely chopped garlic and season the oil with some salt and black pepper.

Squeeze in the lemon juice and cook until the garlic turns slight brown.




Turn off the heat, quickly add butter and parsley and stir continuously until the butter is melted forming a thick sauce.







Add the fish to the sauce and sprinkle the rest of the parsley on it. You can eat this with bread, pasta and rice.



DO NOT FORGET TO THANK ME LATER.



1 comment:

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...