Sunday, January 15, 2017

Spicy Korean Shrimps

How am I not making shrimps in this season? is a question asked to me by many. 

Well get ready for a number of different shrimp recipes and I am not going to hold myself on the spice.

If your life is not spicy at least your food should be. That's what I believe in and I believe in nothing.

This time around I made Spicy Korean Shrimps and they almost burned me to the ground.



INGREDIENTS:

500 grams large shrimps with tail on

1 tablespoon red pepper paste OR Gochujang, Korean red pepper paste

(click on this link http://chefshamsher.blogspot.com/2015/09/thai-red-curry-chicken.html to seehow to make red pepper paste)

1 tablespoon red pepper flakes or Gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes for people living in US or UK

1½ tablespoon Soy sauce

2 tablespoons honey

1/2 teaspoon cornflour

¼ teaspoon black pepper

6 garlic cloves chopped

1 medium onion cut in 1/2 inch slices

1/2 small cabbage cut in 1/2 inch slices

1/2 small carrot finely sliced

2 chopped green onions

1 green chili to taste




I HATE CUTTING VEGETABLES BUT SOMETIMES I imagine I am doing it to the people I despise so it is all good.



Let's start this with making the sauce.

Add red chili paste, pepper flakes, cornflour, black pepper, honey, soy sauce and chopped garlic cloves in a bowl and mix it properly.

If this seems too spicy for you or your family you can add a tablespoon of ketchup to make it a bit more tangy.





Add this sauce to the shrimps.

Coat the shrimps with the sauce properly and set aside for 10 minutes.



Heat oil in a wok and start by frying carrots, followed by cabbage, onions and green chilies.

Season these vegetables with salt and pepper.




Add the shrimps with the sauce in the wok and fry until the shrimp changes colors.



Add the green onions, turn off the stove and give it a good stir. Spicy Korean Shrimps are ready to be served.



Have the shrimps with white boiled rice or egg noodles and keep a gallon of cold water besides you just to keep yourself ready for any kind of emergency.


3 comments:

  1. as nigella would say "I love the look of shrimp, positively primal."
    anyway this looks like sex on a plate and i should try em :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep a jug of cold water besides you. Just saying.

      Delete

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...