Sunday, August 13, 2017

Beef Mushroom Melt Sandwich

So these days people who I have no beef or larai with are having beef with me.

Also I fell down while running on a grater patterned metal bridge and scratched my leg pretty bad with deep wounds just like the deep wounds some people have given to my heart in recent times.

For some people wounds heal with bandages and antiseptics. For me they only heal with good food.

It is the weekend so I wanted something simple and something I could make without much effort. I was eyeing on grilled cheese sandwiches and I thought let's made Beef Mushroom Melt Sandwich.

Beef and mushroom goes hand in hand like me, video games, hard rock music and some other things which I cannot tell due to privacy.



I cut the beef in thin slices the night before. Used the chuck steak but you guys can use any piece for it.



This was extremely easy and fun to make. If you have kids, adults who pretend to be kids or they just simply can't grow up they will enjoy it a lot.

The ingredients mentioned below are for 2 sandwiches only.

INGREDIENTS:

200 Grams of beef steak thinly sliced

1 Onion sliced

5-6 Mushrooms white or button

Salted butter

Salt and pepper to taste

Pinch of garlic powder

Slices of two or one different types of your favorite cheese

4 Bread slices of your choice



Start with putting a little oil on a grill pan and cooking the thin beef slices on it.





Season the beef with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. If you don't have garlic powder then it is alright. Everyone doesn't have everything.

Depending on your liking you can cook your beef to well done or just medium. Since these are thin cuts they won't take much time to cook to well done. Just around 2-3 minutes.





Put the cooked beef aside and it is time to cut our shrooms and onion.




Put one or two tablespoons of oil in a pan and a cube of butter. Start cooking onions and mushrooms on low heat.

Seasons the onions and mushrooms with salt and black pepper.

Caramelizing onions and cooking mushrooms will take 5-10 minutes.




Time to assemble the sandwich. Felt like Nick Fury assembling the Avengers for the first time if you ask me.

I used oatnuts bread but you guys go ahead and use any that you want.

Place two slices of cheese on the bread and top it up with beef, caramelized onions and shrooms.

Place two more cheese slices on it and cover it with the second bread slice.




Put butter in the pan and keep the heat on medium low.

Add the sandwich two the pan and cook each side for 3-4 minutes.




Slice the sandwich in half to see a glimpse of pure beauty.



I had some oven baked jalapeno chips on the side and here you go. Don't envy me for eating this all by myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...