Sunday, March 20, 2016

Thai Tamarind Shrimp

I've never been to Thailand but I've been to Bangkok and apparently people in Bangkok eat a lot of Thai food.

I'm joking.

I've never been to Thailand and obviously I've never been to Bangkok but I've eaten and made a lot of Thai Food.

Very different from Japanese and Chinese. More tangy, spicy and more flavorful at times.

One of my favorite way of making Thai food is the Pad Thai method.

By using this method I have previously made Thai Tamarind Fish but it's time to try our shrimps with this.

Ingredients:

14 large shrimps


1 cup chicken broth

1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce

1.5 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon fish sauce

2 tablespoon brown sugar

3 tablespoon tamarind paste

1/2 onion diced

4 garlic cloves

2 dried red chilies

2 tablespoon of coriander leaves

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon salt




First of all we will make a paste of garlic, onions, coriander and red chili by using a chopper.


Now put 2 tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan and fry the paste for a 1-2 minutes.

Add chicken broth to it and bring it to a boil.


Lower the heat now and add sweet-chili, soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, salt, pepper and concentrated tamarind paste.





Mix and stir it well.

Now add the shrimps and let them cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink.


After the shrimps is done cooking. You can either take it off and serve it right away or cook it on high heat to adjust the thickness of the sauce. Thai Tamarind Shrimp is ready to serve.




I know you women get butterflies whenever you think about tamarind. This recipe is dedicated to the win of Pakistan Women's Cricket Team. Ladies and gentlemen, Thai Tamarind Shrimps.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...