Saturday, January 31, 2015

Shrimp Scampi

It is becoming hard to decide what to make every weekend as now I understand what the women of this country go through everyday.

BUT all thanks to internet I am not running out of recipes any time soon.

First of all I am very happy this week because I found parsley from the vegetable guy which I was looking for all summers but ended up using coriander as a substitute so YAY FOR PARSLEY.




AND at a super market they refused to let me in because they thought I was a beggar. Apparently torn t-shirts are not in fashion anymore.


Anyway

This is Shrimp Scampi. Now I know what Shrimp means but Scampi? Well who the hell cares about scampi. This is pasta made with butter, shrimps and topped with Parmesan cheese.

Now let's get down to business.

You need:

427 grams Linguine pasta

1 pound shrimps yes exactly ONE POUND SHRIMPS

1 tablespoon red chili flakes

1 tablespoon garlic paste

2 tablespoon unsalted butter

1/4 cup chicken stock (if you like to take haram stuff then you can replace it with wine)

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 lemon zest

3 tables spoon finely chopped parsley

1/4 cup of grated  Parmesan cheese

Salt and lightly crushed pepper as your taste







Boil the linguine according to the instructions on the packet. If even then you are unable to cook the pasta, you should end your life because you are worthless and you don't even amount to shit.








Melt butter in a skillet or a non stick pan oh high medium heat.





Add shrimps, garlic paste and red chili flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the shrimps are pink.





Add salt, lightly crushed pepper, chicken stock and lemon juice. Cook simmer for 2 minutes.




Add lemon zest, parsley and mix.




Add the boiled linguine now and mix. 

This will require some good strength. One of the reasons I work out is to spin pastas in the pans.

You're Shrimp Scampi is all done now.





It is served with Parmesan cheese topped on it. There you go.


Don't you wish your boyfriend/husband/father/brother/son cooked like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stir Fried Chicken Cashew Nuts

It is winter season and I am having my first experience with negative temperatures. So, I keep two things close to me, one of them is sea f...